MACHINE TOOL REBUILDING & RETROFITTING
OEM QUALITY REBUILD
Marathon Machine Tools developed a CNC rebuilding program that offers OEM quality rebuild work to its customers.
Complete rebuild projects have been performed on Mori Seiki, Mazak, Miyano, Takisawa, Wasino, Warner & Swasey, and Hitachi Seiki CNC lathes to the utmost satisfaction of our customers.
Our popular Mori Seiki retrofit program offers replacement controls for old Fanuc 6T, 10T and 11T CNCs and new digital spindle drives to replace the obsolete Fuji drives. These heavy duty and well engineered Mori Seiki lathes gain new life with new electronics provided by Marathon.
Retrofit solutions for CNC grinders, CNC milling centers and boring mills such as OKK, Gray and Union will be also offered.
FULL SERVICE MACHINE TOOL REBUILDER
Our rebuild machines will be disassembled to “bare bones”. All lubrication lines, metering valves are replaced. Ball screws will be reconditioned or replaced and bearings are always replaced! New Turcite will be installed and taper gibs hand scraped. Turrets, gearboxes will be completely overhauled. Way grinding will be offered using reputable subcontractors. All electric motors are tested and reconditioned.
We offer spindle bearing replacement with bearing preload. All new spindles are run-in with temperature analyses
Electric schematics, professional wiring with complete documentation. CE certification.
At request Marathon can offer laser measuring services with our API laser measuring system.
Ballbar test and evaluation with our state-of-the-art Renishaw Wireless ballbar equipment.
GRINDING MACHINE REBUILDING
DANOBAT has retrofitted hundreds of Grinders over the years for varieties of applications. The machines are updated with the latest technology and drives for increased performance, reduced grinding time and programming. We check all functions in great detail, taking account of your specific requirements. Click below to learn more about our Grind Retrofit Solutions:
Marathon has more than 20 years experience in rebuilding and retrofitting CNC lathes and turning centers. We started to equip imported CNC lathes with those very Fanuc 0-TA control packages in the early 1990s that we retrofit now with new state-of-the-art Fanuc 0i to 32i control packages or latest technology NCT control packages with EtherCat communication system.
WHAT SCOPE OF WORK DO WE OFFER?
- Disassemble machines completely down to components
- Rebuild / repair ball screws, spindles, tailstocks and slides
- Retrofit machines with new controls, drives etc.
- Provide completely new electrical schematics (Printout & on CD)
- Regrind bedways if necessary
- Rebuild turrets, replace old turrets with new servo turrets
- Repaint complete machines professionally
- Rebuild chip conveyors
- Add accessories, provide automation solutions
WHAT RETROFIT PACKAGES DO WE OFFER?
- Fanuc controls, drives and motors as a package
- Marathon-NCT CNC control packages with NCT drives and motors and state-of-the-art EtherCat technology.
- NCT controls can also be integrated with analog and digital (AC /DC) drives.
- Control integrated CAD/CAM system is available.
- Optional conversational programming is available (myNCT).
- Replace old DC drives with new digital drives (BARDAC, PARKER, Eurotherm, NCT, Baumueller)
- Rewire and install new relay panels in magnetic cabinets
- CE certification
WHAT ACCESSORIES DO WE PROVIDE?
- CNC rotary tables
- Bar feeders
- Tool presetters, part brobes
- Handheld MPG instead of or in addition to panel mounted MPG
- Automatic and semi automatic pipe feeders
- Gantry loaders
- New operator control panels, pendants
- Digital Readouts
- Linear glass scales for enhanced accuracy
- Local service support is available from our Houston Tech Center
WHAT WARRANTY AND SERVICE SUPPORT DO WE PROVIDE?
- FANUC retrofit projects carry a 2-year parts warranty provided by FANUC FA. Marathon will register the FANUC packages at machine acceptance and pass it over to the customer.
- For our NCT control retrofit projects we offer a 3-year parts & labor single source warranty on all electronic components. Teleservice option is available at no charge. Customer Ethernet hook-up is required.
- Every complete rebuild project comes with a 1-year parts & labor warranty for mechanical components and rebuild work.
- Local service support is available from our Houston Tech Center by factory trained service engineers.